Thursday, March 29, 2012

What ever happened to people actually CARING about their profession?


It's not every often that I rant and rave like a little girl on the internet because I figured who is going to listen? I want you to sit back and think about how many times a day you witness people not really caring about their job and just going through the motions? It's shocking huh?



I mean everyone ideally wants greatness but doesn't want to start with themselves! The reason I'm crying here...Waaaaaaaaaa, is something I just experienced that made me question people's work ethics and moral!
So here is the story:


I had  medical paperwork faxed from a drug manufacturer directly to my doctor's office. I needed the doctor to simply sign it and fax it back. Without it, I can not get the proper medication I need! I had this done twice but to no avail. So I called the doctor and inquired about it....the secrataries response to me was, "We don't check our fax machine as we get alot of faxes daily!!".  My natural response was "Are you kidding me?".  Then she said, "We don't communicate via fax!". Meanwhile the secratary was the one who told me to have the drug manufacturer FAX over the information!!

So then I asked to speak with the doctor. The Doctor got on the phone and literally starting yelling saying "It's not our job to handle your paperwork!!" and then HUNG UP!! Actually I thought that was your exact job was to handle paperwork provided and medical files? I mean what happens if the fax was for something that was life threatening? I mean your a doctor, aren't you suppose to have a level of professionalism and care that goes above and beyond others? You have people's lives in your hands and shouldn't you act accordingly? In reality you are providing a service and you are getting paid accordingly!



Look I'm just an artist who builds websites for people....I'm not changing the world or saving lives here but I do strive for greatness! Every project and every client puts their trust in my hands to produce the very best product possible. I think I owe it to them to go above and beyond. If I can't give them something great...then it's time to do something else in life!!

So I say to you DOC....is that your best because if it is, then I think it's time for you to do something else!!

"The price of greatness is responsibility." - Winston Churchill

2 comments: