Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lesson #1: KNOW YOUR CLIENT!!

Original Logo (Low Resolution....can't work with)

My Redesigned Logo (Client didn't like....at ALL!!)

Final Logo (Recreated to work on any medium)
KNOW YOUR CLIENT: This is very important and just takes time to really get the knack of!! What I mean by this is that every client is not the same and should be treated differently. Each client has a different taste of design style and even though your design concept might be great...it could still not work for the client!


Prime example....I am redoing a website for a client and wanted to redesign his logo because the old one is outdated and not done by a professional. I wanted to go with a sleek and more branded type of logo. I really struggled with this one not because the design wasn't good but because I knew the type of client I had. He is a more traditional old school type of client that just doesn't prefer more modern logos. So my gut was telling me he was going to hate the new logo and wanted to stick to his old traditional style logo.


My gut was right! My mistake was I should of just recreated his original logo (I had to recreate because the only copy of the logo he had was a low resolution business card)! This would of saved me alot of hours and grief.


Lesson here:  Go with your gut and know your client!!


Check out my work at ......www.robertcipolla.com

No comments:

Post a Comment